Deputy Director of Operations
The Deputy Director of Operations (DDO) will partner closely with the Executive Director and the Deputy Director of Programs to chart NYSCA’s future strategic response to an increasing demand for the Agency’s services. In addition, the DDO will work collaboratively with senior management in the strategic planning process as well as annual planning efforts and will oversee efforts to improve and increase customer services for the grantees in the field. Must be a strong managerial team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of the Agency’s Operations Division; consisting of Prequalification, Contracts, Budgeting, ITS and Purchasing. This includes the agency’s contract delivery systems, Grants Gateway and the CFA, to ensure on-time grantee contracts, payments and reports consistent with NYS Finance Law requirements. Responsible for vendor application portals, contract payment and reporting procedures, prequalification processes, and all vendor communications.
- Serve as the Agency’s General Counsel.
- Develop the agency spending plan and annual budget reports for the NYS Division of Budget in concert with the Executive Director.
- Implement effective budget modeling across all agency departments and provide quarterly internal agency reports.
- Perform an annual risk analysis of agency operations and contract matters.
- Serve as liaison to the Department of Budget, the Office of General Services, the Office of the State Comptroller, the NYS Attorney General and other agencies as needed.
- Serve as Ethics Officer, working with JCOPE to ensure compliance and perform annual trainings for staff and Council members.
- Develop systems and processes to ensure effective customer service.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Admission to and a member in good standing of the New York State Bar. Candidates for the Deputy Director of Operations position must also meet the following qualifications:
- Must have 5 years of senior level management experience, preferably in a government or non-profit setting, to include the ability to initiate and manage teams in meeting annual targets.
- Strong experience in organizational financial management and budgeting.
- Strong personal management skills, keen attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment subject to multiple deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- BA with JD required.
Applications will be accepted through January 18, 2018.
NOTE: You are advised that should you accept a job offer with this agency, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay for the cost of the fingerprinting fee.
New York State is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
How to Apply
The Office of General Services provides human resources support for the NYS Council on the Arts. Accordingly, to apply for this vacancy, candidates should submit a letter to HRresumes@ogs.ny.gov, Reference # 46123. Please include a clear, concise resume providing specific, verifiable information about their qualifying experience. This must be received in the OGS Division of Human Resources Management by the closing date or the response will not be considered.
NYSCA accepts applications for Public Information interns year-round and interns in our Executive Office, Programs and Operations departments in summer. Apply through the New New York Leaders: Student Intern Program Internship Portal. [https://nysinternships.cs.ny.gov/nnyl/agency.cfm]