1. Has NYSCA announced their FY2023 Grant Opportunities and how do I apply?
We have announced our FY2023 opportunties! You can review all opportunities here: https://arts.ny.gov/FY2023FundingOpportunities. Please continue to check our website and subscribe to our mailing list: eepurl.com/SOtF5
2. I am new to NYSCA: How can I prequalify my organization?
Applicants to NYSCA must go through the NYS “Prequalification” process on the NYS Grants Gateway website. You need to finish before you can apply for a NYS grant.
Getting Prequalified is a two-step process that can start at any time. We recommend you start as soon as possible.
Step 1: Register: Take the first step now by emailing the Grants Gateway team at [email protected] to request registration. You will need to complete, sign/notarize and email the forms found here found here at https://grantsmanagement.ny.gov/register-your-organization. Attachments must be in Microsoft Office compatible form (i.e. Word, Excel, PDF, etc). Grants Gateway will then email you the sign-in instructions and a Grants Gateway Document Vault ID. (Tip: Write down your ID as you will need it to apply to NYSCA.)
Step 2: Submit Vault for Review and Prequalify: Log onto the Grants Gateway website (https://grantsgateway.ny.gov/IntelliGrants_NYSGG/login2.aspx) and create and submit a “Document Vault.” You will fill out online forms about your policies and practices and upload key documents. A Prequalification Specialist will review your Vault and either “Prequalify” you or suggest modifications. Find basic instructions and checklists here: https://grantsmanagement.ny.gov/get-prequalified. Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
NYSCA and Grants Gateway are not likely to resolve any issues by the application deadline in any Vault submitted less than 7 days before an application deadline.
Signup for weekly live webinars with the Grants Gateway team: https://grantsmanagement.ny.gov/live-webinars#registration-and-prequalification.
Email or call Grants Gateway team M-F: (518) 474-5595; [email protected].
Document Vaults in modification, review or open status are not considered Prequalified.
No FY2023 applications will be submitted in Grants Gateway. See https://arts.ny.gov/FY2023FundingOpportunities to learn more about submitting applications in FY2023
You can read our blog on Prequalification here: https://arts.ny.gov/PrequalificationTips
3. Are there any current extensions available in Grants Gateway for Document Vaults for COVID-related delays in uploading IRS990 documents, Financial Statements, or Charities Bureau filings?
No. All extensions available from Grants Gateway have already been applied. Please upload your updated IRS990 document, Audit or equivalent statement, and Char500 filing. You may contact our Prequalification Specialist [email protected] if you have any questions.
4. When will NYSCA issue contracts for FY2023 multi-year grants?
If you have a previously-awarded multi-year grant for FY2023:
- You do not need to re-apply to receive the FY2023 grant period.
- You also do not need to update any information on the NYSCA.org grantee website (other than any change in contact information).
- NYSCA will send acceptance and contracting instructions in June 2022.
- NYSCA expects to issue contracts for multi-year grants in summer of 2022.
- You must be Prequalified in Grants Gateway at the time of payment of a multi-year grant.
- Document vaults in modification, review or open status are not considered Prequalified. Units of local government and Indian Tribes are exempt from the Prequalification requirement
- You must submit any outstanding, overdue NYSCA final reports.
To be eligible for a new FY2023 Support for Organizations grant, you must decline your previously-awarded General Support and/or Project Support grant(s) for the FY2023 grant period before the application deadline for FY2023 Support for Organizations. If you have a previously-awarded General Support and/or Project Support grant for FY2022, but prefer to decline those in order to apply for FY2023 NYSCA Support for Organizations, please do the following:
- Submit a written notification to appropriate NYSCA Program staff by the FY2023 application deadline and follow any additional NYSCA instructions issued in June 2022. Past funding is no guarantee of future funding.
- If you do not decline the previously-awarded General Support and/or Project Support grant(s) by the application deadline, you will not be eligible to submit a new FY2023 Support for Organizations application, and your application for FY2023 Support for Organizations will not be reviewed. Past funding is no guarantee of future funding.
- Click here to review the other eligibility requirements in the FY2023 NYSCA Support for Organizations Guidelines at: FY2023_Guidelines_Org_Support.pdf (nysca.org)
- The Project Support categories subject to the above guidance are:
- Book & Literary Magazine Publication
- Community Music Schools
- Exhibitions & Installations
- Instruction & Training
- Organizational Capacity Building
- Professional Performances
- Project Support
- Project Support – Community-Based Learning
- Project Support-Pre-K-12 In-School Programs
- Project Support – Presentation
- Public Programs
- Services to the Field
- Workspace Facilities
5. Are you planning to hold any office hours and webinars for the FY2023 application process?
Yes. Webinars will be recorded if you cannot attend a virtual event. Office hours are not recorded.
Please note: Attending webinars, office hours and contacting NYSCA staff is optional. It has no bearing on the review of an application.
6. I am an arts organization with a public university affiliation; can I apply for NYSCA funding?
Please read the eligibility requirements under the applicable Guidelines. As stated in such Guidelines, additional information is required to determine your eligibility. You should to submit information in accordance with this form as soon as possible prior to the application deadline.