Vote Now: Creativity Incubator Hits Western New York!
Get ready, Western New York! NYSCA and Greater Hudson Heritage Network's Creativity Incubator workshop series is coming to a museum near you this spring.
Creativity Incubator invites staff in museums to test out experimental interpretive approaches to keep exhibitions fresh and relevant and take bold steps to keep up with the times. As part of this hands-on experience, the host site will have their collections or permanent installations re-imagined by creative thinkers in the field and session participants.
The next incubator takes place May, 1 and the site is up to you. Vote on the sites below and register via GHHN's website or Facebook:
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum, North Tonawanda: The history of the American amusement industry featuring a working carousel!
- Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History, Jamestown: Dedicated to the American naturalist and illustrator
- The Cobblestone Society & Museum, Albion: Preserves a collection of buildings featuring historic cobblestone masonry
- Geneva Historical Society, Geneva: Features the history of Geneva, NY
- Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural Site, Buffalo: Presidential site where TR was inagurated following McKinley's assassination
- Memorial Art Gallery, Rochester: A journey through more than 5,000 years of art history
- Regina A. Quick Center for the Arts at St. Bonaventure University, St. Bonaventure: Encyclopedic art collection
Previous incubators took place in the Hudson Valley, Long Island and the Mohawk Valley in 2017. Thousands voted to select museum sites and participants came from as far as Massachusetts and Delaware. Click here to see photos from the workshops.