Want to have your event listed on the NYSCA and I Love NY calendars? Check the criteria below before submitting.
Please note: at this time only in-person events will be accepted. For digital programming opportunities, please email information and an image to [email protected] to be featured on our NYS Arts Online page.
In partnership with I Love NY, NYSCA’s new calendar is promoting cultural tourism across New York State. We encourage submission of events that serve both the local community and communities from other NYS regions. Please note that event approvals can take up to 10 business days. Submissions meeting the I Love NY criteria will feed directly into the I Love NY Events page, enabling events to be featured on both calendars with a single submission.
I Love NY Events Page Criteria:
- A site/location that visitors can access and expect to have a safe, fun, interesting, and/or educational experience
- Must be legally operated according to NYS tax, health and local city codes, laws and regulations
- The event should be able to draw visitors on its own merit from outside of a 50 mile radius of its location (exclusion applied for 50 mile radius for NYC properties)
- Non-visitor events including the following will not be listed: fundraisers for community or charity organizations; primarily academic events such as conferences/symposiums, award ceremonies, galas; and individual events within an already listed event
- NYS Division of Tourism has the right to deny any event they deem inappropriate. Priority will be given to events with high visitor appeal and those that best present a compelling reason to travel in New York State
Exhibition Types: Art and cultural exhibitions in museums, galleries, public art spaces or other venues
Performance Types: Music, theater, dance, festivals, interdisciplinary and other live performing arts
Media Types: Film, video and media arts screenings and events
For Families Types: Exhibition, Performance, Media as described above appropriate for children and families