HOW TO APPLY
Below please find a brief overview of the necessary steps of the application process. Some steps require approval and validation from New York State, so we recommend starting as early as possible.
You will be disqualified from the grant review process if prequalification is not finalized before the opportunity deadline. You should allow 2 weeks before the deadline for this process.
You can read about these steps in further detail in the Application Manual.
1. Determine Eligibility
To apply directly for a NYSCA grant your organization must be one of the following:
- A nonprofit organization either incorporated in or registered to do business in New York State;
- A Native American tribe in New York State; or
- A unit of government in New York State.
Unincorporated groups and individuals may apply through a fiscal sponsor. Learn more about fiscal sponsorship.
2. Prequalify: Obtain a Login
It is MANDATORY that all applicants must prequalify with New York State to receive a grant. We recommend starting this process as SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- EMAIL [email protected] and request REGISTRATION
- You will need to have these forms signed and notarized to obtain a login
- Grants Gateway will email you instructions and an ID number (save this number)
3. Prequalify: Submit a Document Vault
Log onto the Grants Gateway website
Create and submit a “Document Vault." You will fill out online forms about your policies and practices and upload key documents including IRS determination letters, audits, board information, leadership resumes, and more.
Find basic instructions and checklists here: https://grantsmanagement.ny.gov/get-prequalified. Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
You can learn more about Prequalification by watching our webinar and reading our blog.