Type of Resource: Governance, Organizational Development, Legal Resources, Board Development, Marketing, Audience Development and Community Engagement, Human Resources, Other Resources, Financial Management
- All NYSCA grantees are automatically enrolled as members of NYCON.
- Grantees can receive phone, email and in-person consultation and training concerning governance and management matters. This can include board development and recruitment,bylaws, fiscal management, human resources,compensation and benefit planning, retreat facilitation,fund development planning, organizational assessment, strategic planning, succession planning, risk management, and legal matters.
- Technical assistance that exceeds more than 10 hours of service requires prior approval by NYSCA.
- Grantees have access to low cost seminars and free recorded webinars on topics including grant management, working with independent contractors, human resources, fundraising,internal controls and overtime rules.
- As NYCON members, grantees have access to discounted employee benefit packages and board, property, and other liability insurance products.